Call for the SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award Nominations
SETAC Europe LCA Steering Committee
The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award recognizes exceptional achievements by a young scientist in the field of life-cycle assessment, e.g. an extraordinary PhD thesis that provides a significant contribution to LCA development and implementation.
The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award is dedicated to one researcher or a group. It is possible to share an award as achievements are often due to a team effort. The award will be sponsored by PE International and Springer-Verlag.
In order to be qualified, the nominee(s) must:
- Have a demonstrable outstanding contribution to their field
- Be younger than 35 years of age
- Email an application by 20 March 2012 to Valerie Verstappen. No applications by post or fax will be accepted
The following documents are required for a complete nomination:
- A letter outlining the eligibility of the nominee(s) for the award
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee(s)
- A supporting letter explaining why the candidate/group should be considered for the award
The curriculum vitae and letter should be a maximum of 6 pages. Sufficient information should be provided to facilitate an objective evaluation of the nominee(s), hence evidence of the attributes of the nominee(s) and the conduct of activities embracing the elements of the award shown above must be provided.
Guidelines for submitting documents:
- Zip separate .doc files, or place everything in a single .pdf file
- Include all of the required information above in a single submission email
- Include the name of the nominee(s) in the file name, e.g., last name, first name, name of material
The selection process is listed below in chronological order:
- Nominations will be evaluated independently by a subcommittee of the SETAC Europe LCA Steering Committee
- The full committee will discuss the outcome to determine the recipient
- The successful nominee will be informed of the decision by the end of March
- All other applicants will be informed afterwards
Springer publishers sponsor:
- A subscription (two years) of International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment (online edition) for the awarded "young researcher"
- A short presentation (about one printed page) of the award winner in the journal
The award will be presented at the 6th SETAC World Congress / SETAC Europe 22nd Annual Meeting in Berlin, Germany, 20-24 May 2012.
Return to the Globe